“Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage/journey to Zion.”- Psalm 84:5

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snowy Homestead Pt. 2



This time I want to show you what we see in the front of our home. Yesterday I heard that we are probably going to have a cold and snowy March, so I will have to wait for spring a bit longer. In a lot of ways I am very okay with that. The getting the garden ready to start can just hold off a bit longer so I can knit by the fire. The Lord seems to have me in a long reflecting and thinking period right now. I tend to withdraw while I get in these thinking periods, to explain a bit of my absence. Evaluating what I should and should not do and where my focus needs to be this year. Some figure out their goals on new years day but I tend to just start figuring out my goals at that time. Then I start to move towards my goals when the snow melts. I have really enjoyed playing with my camera recently. I still have to sit down and read the manual and I have a couple of books to read too. I think I am going to go slow and try to enjoy this process of learning. No pressuring myself and just enjoy the learning curve. I am going to be sharing as I can on what the Lord has me pondering. One step at a time.



























13 comments:

  1. That is a ton of snow!!! I'd be OK with an extended winter, too, if it meant I got to stay home more. How are you feeling with your shoulder these days? You're doing a great job with your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had NO appreciable snow here this winter. That's NUTS...this is Chicago! I know it's not Canada, but good grief, we're supposed to see snow. We have all the "doldrums" of winter (grey skies, grey trees, brown grass, no color) with none of the beauty of winter. The little snow we had the other day was very wet and heavy, so it clung to the trees and sparkled...Nathan and I drove out to our local arboretum and enjoyed it...it was gone the next day. I've been here for 27 years, this is a first. Ah well. Spring will still not get here until April, I'm sure! Thank you for "sharing" your lovely snow!

    Blessings and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a winter wonderland. I hope you are having a wonderful winter working on your health. Thinking of you friend.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really at your house, Mary. We have spring like weather here today. I love all the seasons the Lord brings, each is
    special in its own way.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking time, allowing Our Lord to continue to speak and show you exactly where you need to be. Be still and listen.

    The snow is refreshing. Beautiful and serene. Spring is really making itself known here in the mountains.

    love you,
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your pictures are so pretty. Glad you are having fun with your camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got the snow, we've got the freezing rain, rain, some wet snow and lots of wind...not very winter-like here in southern Ontario. It's been a very different winter, that's for sure!

    You live in a beautiful province so it's a pleasure to see your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm enjoying your snow, Mary! I've been really disappointed in our winter down here in Texas. It was barely even cold. We usually get some kind of winter weather, but not any this year to speak of. Thanks for sharing your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just look at that! We NEVER get that much snow!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary,
    I'm with you on the gardening... I love it, but I'm content now enjoying sitting by the fire and enjoying being inside.
    It looks very private and pretty there on your Canadian mountain!
    Your friend,
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo pretty!! We still haven't had a big snow this winter. I kind of hope it happens during our March break if we get any more this winter. It will give the kids something to do.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a late snow too this year....it doesn't snow often, and it was beautiful...but was all melted by noon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolute beautiful and inspiring! nice pictures with all the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, each sweet comment brightens my day. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...