“Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage/journey to Zion.”- Psalm 84:5

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Samples of Whats Been Going On In the Kitchen

I have been wanting to post some of these pictures for a few weeks now but life has taken a mind of its own so here they are now, all in one post.


Soaking lentils, sprouting wheat berries ( for baking) and cooking black bean soup.


Making do... for the longest time I have been cooking on my two small burners but when my oven went I had to get REAL creative.  I bake 99.9% of my bread  so I had to come up with a solution.  It motivated me to finally try making English muffins.  They are so easy and turned out great!  Tutorial to come soon.  Ohhh and I now have a new to us stove oven unit.  I used all four burners the very first night. [o=



With greens coming in now I am trying to find new ways to preserve them.  This year I am dehydrating some to use in soups, smoothies, quiches,  omelets, and ect.



I love love love making quiches.  In the spring it is a wonderful way to use the green onions, spinach, garlic chives that are coming out of the garden.  I have found I really enjoy using goat feta in my quiches too.



And waste not want not...making pie dough cinnamon rolls with left over dough.



Long ago I stopped buying canned soups and learned to make my own.  I love making everything but the kitchen sink soup.  I start looking at what is in the fridge, freezer, and in the garden and start by sauteing onions add chicken broth and add from there.  

 From my kitchen to yours!


17 comments:

  1. Love it! What fun to see what you are cooking up.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to share that English muffin recipe my Sweet Mary :-D delicious!

    I am determined to sprout some wheat berries before the week is gone! :)

    love,

    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy post! You are so resourceful!!! I have now resoved to let our canned soup supply dwindle down and make all my own. I was making a hotdish last night with some Campbells tomato soup and noticed that the 3rd or 4th ingredient listed was High Furtose Corn Syrup. I was shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Mary, I can really appreciate all the work that yummy food represents. Good for you! I'm especially impressed with your English muffins--can't wait to see your how-to & recipe for them. Thanks for sharing the inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you have a new stove, Mary!
    You did well to improvise with the muffins.
    They look good - in fact all your dishes look deliciously inspiring and tasty.
    I really love quiche too.
    I will try your fetta idea in my next one!
    Have a blessed day, dear friend.
    love..Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen looks like a place of yummyness and health! Looking forward to the English muffin recipe and would love to know if you have come up w/a recipe for making a substitute for Cream of ______ Soup that is called for in casseroles. I know how to make a homemade cream soup, but the canned stuff is concentrated, so it's thick. Would you just make like a white sauce, which can be thin, medium, or thick, using different stocks (chicken, beef, veggie) instead of other liquids? Hmmmmm...need to look into that one. Any ideas?

    Love and {{{HUGS}}},
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am anxiously looking forward to the tutorial on the English muffins!
    Everything that you showcased looks just wonderful to me. I kept thinking as I read through this that you are the very image of a homemaker to me.
    And that, just so you know, is one of the greatest compliments that I can give a woman. Real live homemaking is becoming more and more of a lost art every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'd like to visit your kitchen...and your whole house, for that matter! :) I'm so glad you have your stove back. 'Camping out' at home can get tiring, but it does teach to you be flexible and grateful.

    Thank you so much for your encouraging response to Fit Mommy Friday! It made me feel loved.

    ((hugs))

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're making me hungry. I ALL looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks delicious, dear Mary..as always. :)
    Hope you have a wonderful week-end.
    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are making some very yummy dishes. I don't make quiches, maybe I should try to make some sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! You certainly have been making some yummy meals in your kitchen these days. I'm looking forward to seeing the recipe for the English muffins. BTW, could you also show how you make your own soups? I'm interested in learning this, though I have never tried.

    Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of great samples going on in "Mary's Little Corner"! I do hope that you will share some of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea dehydrating I think I will definitely do this with some of our greens as well. I purchased a dehydrator a few months ago and I really need to get using it. Thanks for sharing hope this little note finds you doing well Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pie dough cinnamon rolls...num. Actually, it all looks delicious, Mary. :) Hope you've been having a good week, my friend; we need to visit soon! Sunny and warm and busy here this week -- praising the Lord for that!

    Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your English muffins look so authentically English. You are an inspiration with all your efforts for healthy eating. Thanks for showing us what you've been up to. It all looks so good. I've been using lots of onions in our dishes this month. My Italian grandmother used to make an onion pie with crust, green onion precooked in olive oil, and anchovies on top - that's all - a simple peasant dish she told me I probably wouldn't like when I was a child - but when I sampled it - I did like it.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. dear mary,
    everything looks good and makes me very hungry.english muffins are my favourite.
    love and hugs regina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, each sweet comment brightens my day. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...